WIP: Server Commands

PSForever Game and Login server development.
Unknown004
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:49 am

Re: WIP: Server Commands

Postby Unknown004 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:45 am

Yea definitely.

The commands I listed as GM had different privilege levels as well. A basic CSR couldn't do some of the commands that a Lead CSR could do, or a QA or a SA. Surprisingly they did have a server admin at one point. (OpsMan187). I can check with a few ex-CSRs and see what they could and could not do if you want.
p0intman
Posts: 124
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:02 pm

Re: WIP: Server Commands

Postby p0intman » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:29 am

Unknown004 wrote:Yea definitely.

The commands I listed as GM had different privilege levels as well. A basic CSR couldn't do some of the commands that a Lead CSR could do, or a QA or a SA. Surprisingly they did have a server admin at one point. (OpsMan187). I can check with a few ex-CSRs and see what they could and could not do if you want.



that would be nice.

Code: Select all

/worldkick (Kick from world by name
/worldkickid (Kick from world by station ID)


I know for a fact that the kick commands on SWG and now SWGEmu often also acted as a ban on the account, either temporary or permanent depending on the time arguments used with it. I can find more info on that if need be. It would make sense that PS gm commands worked similarly to how other game's gm commands do.
ImageImage
Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company
User avatar
FateJH
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:37 am

Re: WIP: Server Commands

Postby FateJH » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:33 am

Unknown004 wrote:Random Zones:
...

I've seen this ordering of zone strings while rummaging through the debugger before.

What are these "Stations?" I can't think of too many maps that have been in the game that would qualify being called a "Station" if it's not the Sanctuary. Where the game thinks you are when you aren't necessarily on a continent?
VS: FateJH, BR 21 CR 0 TR: FJH, BR 18 CR 1 NC: FateJHNC, BR 14 CR 0
p0intman
Posts: 124
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:02 pm

Re: WIP: Server Commands

Postby p0intman » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:35 am

FateJH wrote:
Unknown004 wrote:Random Zones:
...

I've seen this ordering of zone strings while rummaging through the debugger before.

What are these "Stations?" I can't think of too many maps that have been in the game that would qualify being called a "Station" if it's not the Sanctuary. Where the game thinks you are when you aren't necessarily on a continent?

could it be related to the HART drop? There was rumor at one point that SOE were going to implement space stuff with actual space stations.
ImageImage
Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company
User avatar
KingFeraligatr
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:51 am

Re: WIP: Server Commands

Postby KingFeraligatr » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:56 am

p0intman wrote:Could it be related to the HART drop? There was rumor at one point that SOE were going to implement space stuff with actual space stations.

Maybe it is. This would be supported by the game music used for the HART Stations, which is called "<faction initials>_orbital_platform". Plus there's some pictures of early maps that I've never even seen in the game proper. I'll find them later though.
The King of Feraligatrs and the Typo Master.
BR 30, CR 3 NC, Gemini
RIP PS1. Long live PSForever.
User avatar
Sulferix
Posts: 220
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:37 pm

Re: WIP: Server Commands

Postby Sulferix » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:06 pm

Were there soe station accounts back than? If so that's obviously what that is for.

These commands will be more useful for the emu, for reference. For now, moderation is only accomplished through hacks. Which blows.
The Ultimate Annihilation of Hackers Is Inevitable
User avatar
Sulferix
Posts: 220
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:37 pm

Re: WIP: Server Commands

Postby Sulferix » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:08 pm

Unknown004 wrote:Yea definitely.

The commands I listed as GM had different privilege levels as well. A basic CSR couldn't do some of the commands that a Lead CSR could do, or a QA or a SA. Surprisingly they did have a server admin at one point. (OpsMan187). I can check with a few ex-CSRs and see what they could and could not do if you want.


We've gone down that road b4. I've seen many posts asking daybreak to add some moderators from the community, all ignored or refused.
The Ultimate Annihilation of Hackers Is Inevitable
p0intman
Posts: 124
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:02 pm

Re: WIP: Server Commands

Postby p0intman » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:09 pm

Sulferix wrote:Were there soe station accounts back than? If so that's obviously what that is for.

These commands will be more useful for the emu, for reference. For now, moderation is only accomplished through hacks. Which blows.

yes, there were station accounts, but that doesn't make sense they would be tied to a zone. the kick_accountid is more apropos for station accounts being tied to that instead.
ImageImage
Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company
User avatar
Sulferix
Posts: 220
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:37 pm

Re: WIP: Server Commands

Postby Sulferix » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:11 pm

Oops I thought that post was a response to yours pointman. Lol
The Ultimate Annihilation of Hackers Is Inevitable
p0intman
Posts: 124
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:02 pm

Re: WIP: Server Commands

Postby p0intman » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:23 pm

Sulferix wrote:Oops I thought that post was a response to yours pointman. Lol

my thing about the worldkickid command and kick command was in response to your question about where the ban command was... i had thought you were wondering where the station zone ids came from. i believed there to be a little bit of confusion between the two different threads (eg, my post about them being tied to the hart shuttle, etc) and the command line questions. very sorry for that. i was tired at the time.
ImageImage
Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company

Return to “Server”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest