PlanetSide 1 Finale Weekend June 24-25th

Discuss general PSForever topics here.
XxXDEATHKILLXxX
Global Moderator

PlanetSide 1 Finale Weekend June 24-25th

Postby XxXDEATHKILLXxX » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:44 pm

On June 24-25th, there will be a large gathering on PlanetSide 1 for the final weekend event happening. Last event, on April 8-10, we pulled in 100 players at peak, and hit an Orange Alert at Bel on Forseral. This event, I hope that we are able to reach a Red Alert, and have over 100 players online. Here’s a couple screenshots of the last event.

What about the hackers?

Hackers will be nonexistent this event. Hackers have stopped coming to PlanetSide lately. Furthermore, anti hack tools have been created and will be able to repel any hackers that decide to show up.

Discord

Discord is a IRC/Voice combination that is available as a browser based app with an optional download with additional features. The PSForever Discord server will serve as the public chat room for text discussion about the event and for voice chat before/during the event. There is a consistent 30-40 active PS1 players online here, it’s definitely worth checking out. Additionally, you can report cheaters here using the !report <NameOfHacker-Faction Reason> command.
Invite link: https://discord.gg/0nRe5TNbTYoynk8o

Download

You can download PlanetSide 1 from this link:

https://launch.daybreakgames.com/installer/PS_setup.exe

You can login using your existing Daybreak Games account. If you don’t have one, you can create one for free!

The PlanetSide 1 subreddit, /r/planetside1

A bit off topic, but there is now a dedicated PS1 subreddit for strictly PS1. Have a look, and get some discussion going!

Hope to see you there! Feel free to post any questions, comments, or anything regarding PlanetSide 1 below.
For land. For power. Forever.

TR: XxXDEATHKILLXxX | BR 21 CR 2
NC: DEATHKILLNC | BR 11 CR 0
VS: DEATHKILLVS | BR 9 CR 1
ToxicWolf

Re: PlanetSide 1 Weekend July 15-17!

Postby ToxicWolf » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:25 pm

Hello I'm am trying to arrange an all faction no fire event on the 30th June. sadly the last day of planetside 1 before it shuts down on the 1st July maybe at a monument or base, bring your Ams's and see out this great game with OS's and face to face mutual respect, let me know your thoughts
SArais

Re: PlanetSide 1 Weekend July 15-17!

Postby SArais » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:13 pm

ToxicWolf wrote:Hello I'm am trying to arrange an all faction no fire event on the 30th June. sadly the last day of planetside 1 before it shuts down on the 1st July maybe at a monument or base, bring your Ams's and see out this great game with OS's and face to face mutual respect, let me know your thoughts

Absolutely.

Get a group picture of everyone.
Chord
Site Admin

Re: PlanetSide 1 Finale Weekend June 24-25th

Postby Chord » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:02 pm

Sebastian Post wrote:you'll still do PSForever right?

Yup, PSF is still on. We've been expecting this.
[ PSForever admin and developer ]
PSForever Code | Capturing Packets | Community Discord
Chord
Site Admin

Postby Chord » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:31 am

Sebastian Post wrote:
Chord wrote:
Sebastian Post wrote:you'll still do PSForever right?

oh thank god!
when will the beta be out btw?

It's hard to say what a beta would look like. Would the beta mean being able to travel to worlds, shoot, pull vehicles, and get stuff from equipment terminals? If so, that would take longer than an alpha release where you'd just be able to walk around and travel to worlds.

Hard to say, there are a lot of game features that need to be implemented.
Hofd

Postby Hofd » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:31 pm

thank you for the weekend,players yes but obviously admin/mod for running behind the hacker with a bonus server crash ;)

let's not hate vanu with their spandex and behavior,they are just gays

well so close to br31,bah that was fun, for a noob reservist fodder like i am, always shit, that's great

HofD TR
EATMYSCATTER NC
vsxhofd VS
Malahini

Postby Malahini » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:52 pm

I found about the June event really late but in enough time to get the installer downloaded and installed. Was surprised to find my account which has been inactive for four years still worked. Unfortunately I didn't read all of the documentation regarding Discord or I would have had a way of reporting a hacker that killed me over a dozen times in 5 minutes. Basically every time I respanwed on Solsar until I gave up and logged off.
Chord
Site Admin

Postby Chord » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:17 pm

Malahini wrote:I found about the June event really late but in enough time to get the installer downloaded and installed. Was surprised to find my account which has been inactive for four years still worked. Unfortunately I didn't read all of the documentation regarding Discord or I would have had a way of reporting a hacker that killed me over a dozen times in 5 minutes. Basically every time I respanwed on Solsar until I gave up and logged off.

Thanks for giving it a shot at least. Pull hacking will be a thing of the past in PSForever.
firefox509

Postby firefox509 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:27 pm

Chord wrote:
Sebastian Post wrote:
Chord wrote:

oh thank god!
when will the beta be out btw?

It's hard to say what a beta would look like. Would the beta mean being able to travel to worlds, shoot, pull vehicles, and get stuff from equipment terminals? If so, that would take longer than an alpha release where you'd just be able to walk around and travel to worlds.

Hard to say, there are a lot of game features that need to be implemented.

Is there any eta on any sort of alpha? I'm horribly late to the party I didn't even know ps1 was being taken down and didn't get to say any goodbyes at all... I'd do anything just to be able to fly or even walk around the planets and listen to the OST again.

As a 22 y/o I just spent the last 5 minutes crying that i missed the shutdown of a game that i have played and loved since my father was part of the beta release back when i was still in grade school... sorry im really emotional right now

Return to “Discussion”