Planetside 1 is going offline

Discuss general PSForever topics here.
DarkTexasQA

Planetside 1 is going offline

Postby DarkTexasQA » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:42 pm

Hello everyone, even when im kinda sad to announce the following thing... Someone needs to do it.

The planetside Servers are shutdown down in July.

April and May were really exciting months for us with the release of the new Construction System, base revamp of Indar, and new population caps to improve battle flow. It’s been exciting to watch all of you experiment with base design and shift battles in new directions. A big thanks to all of you who have jumped in to try it out and given us feedback.

While we hope you are as excited as we are about the recent changes, we do have to make a more solemn announcement. On July 1st, at 4:00 PM PT, we will be closing the PlanetSide 1 server. PlanetSide 1 has a very important history with Daybreak Games and a special place in the hearts of those who work on its successor. While we have run the game for free since 2014, due to evolving business needs and technical requirements it has become necessary to conclude this service.

We hope you will take this opportunity to enjoy the remaining time available with each other and please help us give PlanetSide 1 the sendoff it deserves.

Regards,

Chris
Christoph 'DarkTexas' Decker
Quality Assurance
DGC IssueTracker Representative
Planetside 2 (PC) | H1Z1
Twitter: @DarkTexasPS2
SArais

Re: Planetside 1 is going offline

Postby SArais » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:23 pm

Now I"m going to be depressed for years.
KingFeraligatr

Postby KingFeraligatr » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:26 pm

SArais wrote:Now I"m going to be depressed for years.

Dude, I don't think it's very healthy to be this obsessed about a game. If you can and are willing, you should probably see some help, even if it's just with friends or other helpful communities.
The King of Feraligatrs and the Typo Master.
BR 30, CR 3 NC, Gemini
RIP PS1. Long live PSForever.
SArais

Postby SArais » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:33 pm

KingFeraligatr wrote:

Dude, I don't think it's very healthy to be this obsessed about a game. If you can and are willing, you should probably see some help, even if it's just with friends or other helpful communities.

I've already done such a thing. Nobody and nothing can help me. I'm just a hapless passenger on the ride of life.
KingFeraligatr

Postby KingFeraligatr » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:43 pm

SArais wrote:
KingFeraligatr wrote:

I've already done such a thing. Nobody and nothing can help me. I'm just a hapless passenger on the ride of life.

Well that sucks. Sorry you feel that way. The only people who should feel like constant shit are me and cunts. You aren't either, so you don't need to feel that way. But I hear you life is shit, people are shit., etc. I know it's hard.

I can't say how losing PS for a long time will be for you. I know it's going to be like losing a part of myself for a bit, but I know I can move on eventually and maybe even get off my lazy ass and help with the emulator. I know you see PS1 as like a keystone in your life. I can imagine losing that will be devastating.

Anyways, I hope you pull through man.
The King of Feraligatrs and the Typo Master.
BR 30, CR 3 NC, Gemini
RIP PS1. Long live PSForever.
SArais

Postby SArais » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:36 pm

It's especially devastating when you feel you have absolutely no control over your life and the things in it whatsoever, so this is just icing on the cake. Goddamnit. Now what do i do?

Christ, what a life. Nothing I can do about it now, though. My fate was already sealed long before any of us were born.
OpolE

Postby OpolE » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:36 am

Go to Amsterdam and get high and fuck some whores. Just anything that makes you feel in control or enjoying the ride of life.

Im excited PS1 is dieing because IT MEANS WERE GOING TO BE IN CONTROL! SOON!
SArais

Postby SArais » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:18 pm

well, of course by that you mean open-sourcing
neonlazer

Postby neonlazer » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:41 pm

SArais wrote:well, of course by that you mean open-sourcing

Daybreak said they will release the coding for the game somewhere?
NC: PGxNeOn BR31 CR5
p0intman

Postby p0intman » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:21 pm

neonlazer wrote:
SArais wrote:well, of course by that you mean open-sourcing

Daybreak said they will release the coding for the game somewhere?

No, it means by us creating our own emulated server.
ImageImage
Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company

Return to “Discussion”