PlanetSide 1 Weekend!

Discuss general PSForever topics here.
User avatar
XxXDEATHKILLXxX
Global Moderator
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:45 pm

PlanetSide 1 Weekend!

Postby XxXDEATHKILLXxX » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:41 pm

(Copy and pasting from my post on PSU)

Just thought I'd try and organize another one of these as the last one was tons of fun and got a pretty nice turnout (60+ people at one point). We didn't end up getting a GM on but surprisingly hackers were not too much of a problem. We only got the occasional pull hacker. Anyways, lets try and get another going on January 16th and 17th.Try and spread the word whenever and wherever you can. Maybe we can get an even better turnout than last time. Also, there's a link to a strawpoll so we can get a decent estimate of how many people are going to attend. Hope to see you there!

http://strawpoll.me/6352001
For land. For power. Forever.

TR: XxXDEATHKILLXxX | BR 21 CR 2
NC: DEATHKILLNC | BR 11 CR 0
VS: DEATHKILLVS | BR 9 CR 1
User avatar
Sulferix
Posts: 220
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:37 pm

Re: PlanetSide 1 Weekend!

Postby Sulferix » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:44 pm

If there is any way you could move it back to the 9th and 10th I could be on to repel hackers.
The Ultimate Annihilation of Hackers Is Inevitable
User avatar
XxXDEATHKILLXxX
Global Moderator
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:45 pm

Re: PlanetSide 1 Weekend!

Postby XxXDEATHKILLXxX » Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:25 pm

Sulferix wrote:If there is any way you could move it back to the 9th and 10th I could be on to repel hackers.

Sorry Sulferix, I've already spread it around and I don't think I can change the date now.
For land. For power. Forever.

TR: XxXDEATHKILLXxX | BR 21 CR 2
NC: DEATHKILLNC | BR 11 CR 0
VS: DEATHKILLVS | BR 9 CR 1
User avatar
Sulferix
Posts: 220
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:37 pm

Re: PlanetSide 1 Weekend!

Postby Sulferix » Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:51 pm

ya i kinda thought so... damn its the second time i couldnt make it.
The Ultimate Annihilation of Hackers Is Inevitable
User avatar
XxXDEATHKILLXxX
Global Moderator
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:45 pm

Re: PlanetSide 1 Weekend!

Postby XxXDEATHKILLXxX » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:19 pm

Well, my Reddit post wildly gained popularity for some reason. Now it has 120 upvotes and 100 people coming. Maybe since this weekend has a bit received a bit more attention then the last one, we can get a dev on this time.

Link to Reddit post: https://redd.it/40jx8u
For land. For power. Forever.

TR: XxXDEATHKILLXxX | BR 21 CR 2
NC: DEATHKILLNC | BR 11 CR 0
VS: DEATHKILLVS | BR 9 CR 1
User avatar
Sulferix
Posts: 220
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:37 pm

Re: PlanetSide 1 Weekend!

Postby Sulferix » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:51 pm

Now I'm really pissed off I can't make it. 100 FRICKEN PPL?!?! when was the last time anything like that ever happened.

Can we PLEASE have someone record the entire event and upload, and/or stream it on twitch, with twitch vods enabled? Damn I'm so pissed I can't make it.

And if possible in the future, pls tell me when you plan to do one of these, so that I can maybe suggest a date change if needed. I've never experienced this game at that scale, and it's the whole reason I'm on This website in the first place.

FYI an event like this will no doubt be a target for hackers. So it WILL be ruined if there is no one to mod. I can almost guarantee that.
The Ultimate Annihilation of Hackers Is Inevitable
User avatar
XxXDEATHKILLXxX
Global Moderator
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:45 pm

Re: PlanetSide 1 Weekend!

Postby XxXDEATHKILLXxX » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:22 pm

Sulferix wrote:Now I'm really pissed off I can't make it. 100 FRICKEN PPL?!?! when was the last time anything like that ever happened.

Can we PLEASE have someone record the entire event and upload, and/or stream it on twitch, with twitch vods enabled? Damn I'm so pissed I can't make it.

And if possible in the future, pls tell me when you plan to do one of these, so that I can maybe suggest a date change if needed. I've never experienced this game at that scale, and it's the whole reason I'm on This website in the first place.

FYI an event like this will no doubt be a target for hackers. So it WILL be ruined if there is no one to mod. I can almost guarantee that.


I'm really sorry I didn't ask around for specific dates before I set this up Sulferix. If we do end up getting a mod on then hopefully people will look forward to the next one.
For land. For power. Forever.

TR: XxXDEATHKILLXxX | BR 21 CR 2
NC: DEATHKILLNC | BR 11 CR 0
VS: DEATHKILLVS | BR 9 CR 1
User avatar
KingFeraligatr
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:51 am

Re: PlanetSide 1 Weekend!

Postby KingFeraligatr » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:53 pm

I might be there or I might not. I'm burned out on PS1 and it's best I minimize my play time on it as it tends to make me depressed, stressed, angry, and more. The fact I irredeemably suck doesn't help matters.
The King of Feraligatrs and the Typo Master.
BR 30, CR 3 NC, Gemini
RIP PS1. Long live PSForever.
User avatar
XxXDEATHKILLXxX
Global Moderator
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:45 pm

Re: PlanetSide 1 Weekend!

Postby XxXDEATHKILLXxX » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:56 pm

Sulferix wrote:Can we PLEASE have someone record the entire event and upload, and/or stream it on twitch, with twitch vods enabled? Damn I'm so pissed I can't make it.


I'll record as much as possible. :)
For land. For power. Forever.

TR: XxXDEATHKILLXxX | BR 21 CR 2
NC: DEATHKILLNC | BR 11 CR 0
VS: DEATHKILLVS | BR 9 CR 1
User avatar
Sulferix
Posts: 220
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:37 pm

Re: PlanetSide 1 Weekend!

Postby Sulferix » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:57 pm

KingFeraligatr wrote:I might be there or I might not. I'm burned out on PS1 and it's best I minimize my play time on it as it tends to make me depressed, stressed, angry, and more. The fact I irredeemably suck doesn't help matters.


Ya take a break man. Everyone gets burned out after a while. The thing that keeps me coming back is the community and the anticipation of what's to come.
The Ultimate Annihilation of Hackers Is Inevitable

Return to “Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest