Updated music

What features would you like to see in PSForever?
Sulferix

Re: Updated music

Postby Sulferix » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:51 am

When I said take the gun play from PS2 I meant the GUNPLAY. alone. It's class system is bs. when I say make a real ps2, I mean an upgrade along the lines of Star Wars battlefront 1 to 2. Gameplay can be added to, but not so much to the point where it doesn't feel like your playing the original. For example, instead of every empire having a copy paste reaver for a ground attack craft, each empire would have different models with different weapons that suit their empire. I also like the idea of space combat, something that should seem natural based on the PlanetSide lore. adding new weapons would be great, but PlanetSide is based off of a cert system. Either that would have to change or more certs would need to be created.
The Ultimate Annihilation of Hackers Is Inevitable
Ryathorz

Postby Ryathorz » Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:41 am

p0intman wrote:Thats how I always saw the suppressor. I'd like to see it revamped and maybe given more oomph somehow to fit the role of an SMG better.
The suppressor was the half-way point between pistols and MA weapons.

Functionally it was a cycler that did 1 point less damage per bullet, but like a pistol you could hold the trigger down and not worry about your CoF blooming out of control.

In practice you tended to miss out on this due to CoF bloom from taking hits. There isn't really any room for a damage boost on it but a smaller inventory size or faster reload/equip animation - perhaps even the ability for a rexo to cram it into an oversized pistol slot - could give it an extra use beyond the free spawn gun.
docdic

Postby docdic » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:54 pm

FateJH wrote: I'm also concerned about the terminology "creating playstyles."

I really do not see why you would be concerned about it.
I mean there are already a lot of different playstyles that the current cert tree can provide. But they are mostly for support/vehicles, and not as much for small arms weapons. For instance, i would like to see a mid range weapon added into the game that fills the role of a DMR. While not geared to the ranges that the HSR can give it would be used for that range that the pulsar or cycler can not be competitive at. I was thinking something like a burst rifle, kinda like the sabre-13 from planetside 2 but not as spammable with the burst fire.
Ryathorz

Postby Ryathorz » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:47 am

docdic wrote:While not geared to the ranges that the HSR can give it would be used for that range that the pulsar or cycler can not be competitive at.
Some kind of extended range punisher perhaps (without the launcher). You are right that nothing really exists between the 200m range of the MA rifles and the 500m range of the snipers, particularly as the MA rifle damage drops off so quickly at longer distances.

At the same time though it would have to be something that doesn't invalidate the MA rifles themselves.
docdic

Postby docdic » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:25 pm

Ryathorz wrote:Some kind of extended range punisher perhaps (without the launcher). You are right that nothing really exists between the 200m range of the MA rifles and the 500m range of the snipers, particularly as the MA rifle damage drops off so quickly at longer distances.

At the same time though it would have to be something that doesn't invalidate the MA rifles themselves.

I do really like the idea of a longer range punisher.
But i don't think a lower ROF/ longer range punisher will make the MA rifles obsolete.
Ryathorz

Postby Ryathorz » Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:13 pm

docdic wrote:I do really like the idea of a longer range punisher.
But i don't think a lower ROF/ longer range punisher will make the MA rifles obsolete.
The punisher seemed a safe suggestion - it was more a general concern about not squeezing the MA rifles out, they'd have to remain the superior weapon out to at least a half decent distance.
Sulferix

Postby Sulferix » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:35 pm

how about a weapon with the half the rof of the reaver recoiless cannons. Maybe less damage per bullet.
Ryathorz

Postby Ryathorz » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:54 pm

Sulferix wrote:how about a weapon with the half the rof of the reaver recoiless cannons. Maybe less damage per bullet.
Reaver 20mm is same initial bullet damage as a gauss rifle, marginally slower RoF. Better accuracy with sustained fire though.

The range degradation of the weapons were never really tested beyond the HA/MA/pistol weapons. For infantry all bullets share the same curve but i'm not sure that applies to the vehicle guns.

(Bullets fall off after 75m, down to 1/4 damage at 200m. For something like a gauss the health damage you do per shot is halved between 75 and 115m. Energy weapons fall off sooner, the pulsar after 50m (used to be 25) but it's a shallow drop that beats out bullets at long range, while lasher damage drops off a cliff right out of the barrel. The sniper rifles follow different rules.)
Sulferix

Postby Sulferix » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:54 am

Maybe something along the lines of the 20mm chaingun with 1/4th the fire rate then. Thought the reaver gun did more damage....
Ryathorz

Postby Ryathorz » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:43 am

Sulferix wrote:Maybe something along the lines of the 20mm chaingun with 1/4th the fire rate then. Thought the reaver gun did more damage....
It's no stronger than an MA rifle against infantry as far as i'm aware, just easier to hit with because it's mounted on a reaver.

It does do a lot more more damage to max suits and vehicles though and it is much stronger than the MA rifles in that regard. With its default RoF it could probably be compared to a souped-up minichaingun firing AP rounds.

On the broader subject of weapons, I don't know if it's the relatively long TTK of planetside but it was surprising how tiny changes in the weapons were quite noticable. The much improved mk2 pulsar just had the start of its range falloff pushed up from 25m to 50m for instance.

Return to “Ideas”