Updated music

What features would you like to see in PSForever?
docdic

Updated music

Postby docdic » Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:00 pm

Don Ferrone made a bunch of updated versions of the current themes in game as well as also making a bunch of unused music for planetside 2

Unused planetside 2 theme.

If possible could we incorporate some of these new theme into the game once it is a state that will make is possible to do so?
Sulferix

Re: Updated music

Postby Sulferix » Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:21 pm

I very much like the idea of making a REAL ps2, and maybe in the future we could make a second server dedicated to that. But with an open source PlanetSide project, there will probably be tons of great modded servers out there XD
The Ultimate Annihilation of Hackers Is Inevitable
p0intman

Postby p0intman » Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:32 pm

id love to get a ps2 alternative going with our own open source stuff. ideally, we could update models, animations and even physics while keeping the core gameplay the same. essentially ps1 with better textures/resolution.
ImageImage
Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company
Chord
Site Admin

Postby Chord » Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:42 pm

I like the idea of a PS2 alt myself. That's would be a separate project with a separate name though.
What we learn from doing PS1 will help maybe work on a new PS2.
[ PSForever admin and developer ]
PSForever Code | Capturing Packets | Community Discord
Sulferix

Postby Sulferix » Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:45 pm

But a REAL successor to ps1... Taking the gunplay of ps2 and the mechanics of the original, plus some modern tech to make the ultimate mmofps. That would be priceless, since there is no other mmofps in existence.
docdic

Postby docdic » Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:56 pm

Sulferix wrote:But a REAL successor to ps1... Taking the gunplay of ps2 and the mechanics of the original, plus some modern tech to make the ultimate mmofps. That would be priceless, since there is no other mmofps in existence.

If we do that..........Can i keep my t-9 Carv?
Sulferix

Postby Sulferix » Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:12 am

Ttk wouldn't be as nearly as low as it is in ps2... so weapons would feel very different.
docdic

Postby docdic » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:57 pm

Sulferix wrote:Ttk wouldn't be as nearly as low as it is in ps2... so weapons would feel very different.

But if this may happen, should we be adding in new guns to fit more playstyles?
While not as much as the torrent of useless weapons in ps2 but have a few new weapons under the category of SMG or assault rifle.
FateJH

Postby FateJH » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:55 am

docdic wrote:But if this may happen, should we be adding in new guns to fit more playstyles?
While not as much as the torrent of useless weapons in ps2 but have a few new weapons under the category of SMG or assault rifle.

It feels like the original design team tried to shy away from contemporary weapon nomenclature and settle for things such as "Medium Assault" and "Special Assault" so they wouldn't be beholden to designing weapons so that they'd "feel like something specific." I'm also concerned about the terminology "creating playstyles."

In any case, is it possible to deny an argument that the Suppressor could be an SMG on the carbine side and an AMP is an SMG on the machine pistol side?
VS: FateJH, BR 21 CR 0 TR: FJH, BR 18 CR 1 NC: FateJHNC, BR 14 CR 0
p0intman

Postby p0intman » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:27 am

FateJH wrote:
docdic wrote:But if this may happen, should we be adding in new guns to fit more playstyles?

It feels like the original design team tried to shy away from contemporary weapon nomenclature and settle for things such as "Medium Assault" and "Special Assault" so they wouldn't be beholden to designing weapons so that they'd "feel like something specific." I'm also concerned about the terminology "creating playstyles."

In any case, is it possible to deny an argument that the Suppressor could be an SMG on the carbine side and an AMP is an SMG on the machine pistol side?

Thats how I always saw the suppressor. I'd like to see it revamped and maybe given more oomph somehow to fit the role of an SMG better.
ImageImage
Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company

Return to “Ideas”