Old Oshur and the state of Auraxis.....

What features would you like to see in PSForever?
KingFeraligatr

Old Oshur and the state of Auraxis.....

Postby KingFeraligatr » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:00 pm

If it's at all possible, should we add old Oshur to the Global/Galactic lattice. If we do, we should also keep the Battle Islands just so that we have more maps. Also, should we make Auraxis one planet again or keep the Galactic lattice (retconning the Bending)?
The King of Feraligatrs and the Typo Master.
BR 30, CR 3 NC, Gemini
RIP PS1. Long live PSForever.
docdic

Re: Old Oshur and the state of Auraxis.....

Postby docdic » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:43 pm

KingFeraligatr wrote:If it's at all possible, should we add old Oshur to the Global/Galactic lattice. If we do, we should also keep the Battle Islands just so that we have more maps. Also, should we make Auraxis one planet again or keep the Galactic lattice (retconning the Bending)?

i think there is still data for the original Oshur in the files. so at least i think that is possible
Sulferix

Postby Sulferix » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:40 pm

I think we should definitely put as much content into the game as possible, and adding old is hit would be perfect. Just name it something else like indar so it's not redundant.
The Ultimate Annihilation of Hackers Is Inevitable
Figment

Postby Figment » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:29 am

My continental lattice has Old Oshur at the center of an intercontinental map together with Nexus, with the other battle islands as third home continent.

Click here for the lattice
Ryathorz

Postby Ryathorz » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:48 am

docdic wrote:i think there is still data for the original Oshur in the files. so at least i think that is possible
Old Oshur is definitely still in, the devs would occasionally run events on it (which were hugely popular as it was good tank terrain with bases relatively close together - the scale meant that it was actually possible to have tanks and infantry push clear from one base to another in one big action).
Naeadil
Global Moderator

Postby Naeadil » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:16 pm

I definitely would support having both Oshurs, but my only concern is having to create a custom global map and how it would work having both continents. Might require too much modification of the game client? I'm not sure though.

If only one could be had, Old Oshur is the more popular choice. Although, could always switch up between Old Oshur and the Battle Islands once in a while.
- Nick
Figment

Postby Figment » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:43 pm

Naeadil wrote:I definitely would support having both Oshurs, but my only concern is having to create a custom global map and how it would work having both continents. Might require too much modification of the game client? I'm not sure though.

If only one could be had, Old Oshur is the more popular choice. Although, could always switch up between Old Oshur and the Battle Islands once in a while.

A map is not the problem, it's mostly graphical representation. I've already made one to represent it the one I mentioned above in the old world setup:

http://s211.photobucket.com/user/HanSim ... e.jpg.html

This is based on the old map pre-bending:

https://maehman.files.wordpress.com/200 ... is-old.jpg

Linking the lattice isn't that hard either. It's a matter of determining the current code's warpgate identification numbers and properly fixing them to their new destinations.

Btw, really miss this:

Figment

Postby Figment » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:51 pm

New global Auraxian map update with more details on links (including specific bases) and some rules that would improve gameplay IMO.

EDIT: first map updated and made an alternative without conflict continents.
TRraptor

Postby TRraptor » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:41 pm

Figment wrote:
Naeadil wrote:I definitely would support having both Oshurs, but my only concern is having to create a custom global map and how it would work having both continents. Might require too much modification of the game client? I'm not sure though.

A map is not the problem, it's mostly graphical representation. I've already made one to represent it the one I mentioned above in the old world setup:

http://s211.photobucket.com/user/HanSim ... e.jpg.html

This is based on the old map pre-bending:

https://maehman.files.wordpress.com/200 ... is-old.jpg

Linking the lattice isn't that hard either. It's a matter of determining the current code's warpgate identification numbers and properly fixing them to their new destinations.

Btw, really miss this:

You trying to make me cry?

I would love to go back to pre bending with one big planet, in my opinion (and I am sure there are many that feel this way.) There was not a ton that needed to happen to make Planetside a game that was at least worth paying a small montly fee for again the big things for me would be:

1. Going back to pre-bending
2. A good anti hack system (I'm sure we all agree on that one.)
3. Fix the glitches/ polish the mechanics a bit
4. some graphic updates wouldn't hurt.

Honestly those are the big ones, and I feel if PSForever can at the very least achieve the first 3 items on that list there will be a very happy player base!

Return to “Ideas”