Updated music

What features would you like to see in PSForever?
Sulferix

Re: Updated music

Postby Sulferix » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:31 pm

What ever we do to change the game, I think the long ttk is the most important part of this game. It's the one thing that just can't be changed.
The Ultimate Annihilation of Hackers Is Inevitable
TRraptor

Postby TRraptor » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:05 pm

docdic wrote:Don Ferrone made a bunch of updated versions of the current themes in game as well as also making a bunch of unused music for planetside 2

Unused planetside 2 theme.

If possible could we incorporate some of these new theme into the game once it is a state that will make is possible to do so?

Lets be careful with the sounds, one of the big things I feel that separate planetside from planetside 2 (obviously there is a lot.) is the sounds and I'm talking both soundtrack and noises, One huge thing that Planetside has is that EVERY SINGLE weapon and vehicle have a distinct noise that sounds NOTHING like anything else in the game this is one major element I feel that makes planetside such a captivating game who doesn't remember times when you would be inside a base not able to see the fight but you can hear all the weapons firing and you would pretty much know exactly what is going on you would know when NC are storming in cause you can hear the blasted jackhammers, you would know that the VS had AV maxes out because you could hear the sound of those slow orbs, and you would definatly know that the TR have arrived because of the constant rate of fire of the beloved mini-gun! This is one big element that Planetside 2 lacks, it all just sounds like... bullets I'm not against adding new things and new soundtracks would be cool, I'm just saying... Please take a lot of consideration before making changes to the sounds of planetside I think it is a very cool sounding game the way it is... I don't want to lose that.
Naeadil
Global Moderator

Postby Naeadil » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:40 pm

Custom sounds/music are both very possible. Music more likely, since modifying sounds could be considered a form of cheating. Also, it is easier to modify, since you can just rename and replace whatever music file you want as existing track names in the music folder.
- Nick

Return to “Ideas”